Attendees of the 2019 PRI Show, set for December 12–14 at the Indiana Convention Center in Indianapolis, will have more opportunities than ever to pick up valuable tips and takeaways during an expanded seminar lineup covering a wide range of topics—from sales and marketing strategies to finding and hiring qualified employees to best practices in race track operations and much more. In fact, included among this year’s expanded educational programming are several technical seminars focused on race engine technology, a roundtable with top sanctioning body representatives, a panel discussion featuring top female drivers, and more than a dozen business-focused sessions guaranteed to help racing professionals boost their operations ahead of the 2020 season.
“The quality and quantity of educational programming offered at this year’s PRI Trade Show is nothing short of extraordinary,” said PRI Editor Dan Schechner. “PRI Education has put together an incredible lineup of top-flight presenters and panelists in order to deliver unprecedented value for Show attendees and exhibitors. Regardless of the business or racing segment you’re involved in, we guarantee you’ll come out of our seminars more informed and better prepared for future success.”
With more to be announced in the coming months, speakers scheduled to participate in this year’s PRI Education program include:
- Engineer and author David Vizard: With more than 30 automotive books and 4,000 magazine articles, Vizard is one of the world’s most widely published automotive writers. His technical seminar will offer insights and lessons from Vizard’s 50 years of engine customization.
- Lake Speed Jr. of Driven Racing Oil: Speed, a certified lubricant specialist, plans to discuss the latest evolutions in oils and fuels as they relate to direct injection engines, diesel engines, modern engines, and vintage engines.
- Darin Morgan of Reher-Morrison Racing Engines: In his seminar on key advances in modern cylinder and port design, Morgan will go in-depth on how efficiency has increased power over the years while uncovering the pitfalls associated with this technology.
- Jason Enders of RE Suspension and Gary Crooks of Port City Racecars: Enders and Crooks team up to present a seminar on bump stops and provide the necessary working knowledge to help teams better understand their race cars. Attendees will learn about the latest technology that short track asphalt racers are using to push the envelope.
- Jeanette DesJardins of Car Chix and Crank It Media will moderate an all-female panel that includes racing standouts Natalie Decker, Lea Ochs, and Sarah Burgess discussing opportunities for women in motorsports. Attendees will hear about their challenges, triumphs and lessons learned, and better understand how to market to, engage with, and raise awareness among young women interested in pursuing motorsports as a career.
- NHRA Announcer Alan Reinhart: Reinhart will lead a roundtable featuring representatives from ARCA, NASA, IMCA, NMCA/NMRA, and other race sanctioning bodies discussing a range of topics at the forefront of motorsports today, such as controlling costs, technical specs, and rules enforcement.
The 2019 PRI Trade Show will feature over 1,100 companies exhibiting in more than 3,300 booths and showcasing the latest products, services, machinery, simulation and testing technologies, and trailers for the racing industry in a single location. Now in its 32nd year, PRI encompasses all forms of racing and attracts attendees from all 50 states and all over the world, including professional race teams, retail shops, warehouse distributors, engine builders, fabricators, dealers, installers, jobbers and media.
Known as Race Industry Week, the days leading up to and including the Show will offer a range of motorsports-related activities in and around the Indiana Convention Center beginning on Monday, December 9. Numerous conferences and seminars, among them the Race Track Business Conference and International Council of Motorsport Sciences’ Annual Congress, offer unlimited business opportunities and provide invaluable insight on the latest technologies and how to apply them throughout the racing world.
To register for the 2019 PRI Trade Show, secure hotel reservations and sign up for free PRI Education seminars, log on to prishow.com.
About Performance Racing Industry
Since its inception in 1986, Performance Racing Industry (PRI) has served as the motorsports industry's key source for trends, merchandising ideas, new products, business strategies, and more. Through its monthly business magazine, Performance Racing Industry, and the world’s premier auto racing trade show, the Performance Racing Industry Trade Show in Indianapolis, Indiana, motorsports industry members from all over the world remain in tune with the worldwide racing marketplace. For more information, visit performanceracing.com.